7 years after bankruptcy and getting bank job? - well qualified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 years after bankruptcy and getting bank job? - well qualified

Anyone have any experience with Suntrust? I have an interview but have a 7 yr old bankruptcy, my credit is good now..I've been in the Insurance field the past 6 years, have a Masters degree, life and health license and have a securities license...do you think my background would outweigh a 7 year old bankruptcy? Thanks

I don't think the BK will be an auto disqualification-a criminal past would for sure.. It really just depends on how strong the other applicants are and who is doing the weeding-out of applicants and what their inclinations are. I had worked in banking for about 5 years; and in the securities business for 3 years before filing BK and recently got a compliance sales supervision job at a securities firm less than 2 yrs post BK- so obviously it doesn't matter that much.

good luck!
    Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
    341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
    Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
    Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

I've not yet filed, and my credit is toxic, yet have been able to pass through a background check with credit - now not for finance job, but I think from what you say, you should be ok!

BEST WISHES!!!!

Comment

my sister got a position with suntrust one year out of a bankruptcy. and she had included an overdrawn bank account with them in her bankruptcy. plus suntrust is one of the few banks on the east coast that will give you a checking account regardless of your credit score or what is on chexsystems. suntrust has different rules.

Comment

daxtelll - sorry to change the subject, but are you saying Suntrust does NOT check credit OR??? Chexsystems????

Unfortunately - totally UNCONNECTED to BK, my previous bank (I do have another good bank acct and credit union acct, but you never know!) totally screwed up an account including unauthorized charges which I AM NOT!! paying, and will include in BK...so are you saying that Suntrust doesn't check this stuff?

Comment

oops.. i did not mean to say did not check credit.. i believe they do... however their rules must be different because my credit was so crappy... below the 500's: before i filed for bankruptcy. and they gave me an account. plus i had an item on my chexsystems from an overdrawn bank account from bank of america too.. it was small. but suntrust still allowed me to open an account with them.

Comment

Daxtell, I don't know if you are still in process of getting that job but I change my employer after BK ( Gov. Mgt. Underwriter ) They only ask the reason for BK.
              BK Filed 01/14/2010, Discharged on 04/14/2010. Start rebuilding 01/01/2011.
              Turn Down By: Conns Appliance Store, Orchard Bank (IIB HSBC), Firestone Credit-CFNA
              Approve By : Capital One ( $500 Unsecured)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X